Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ryan update continued...

We thought this was all over, but we got a phone call this morning from the ER doctor saying that one of Ryan's blood cultures grew bacteria, so we had to go back in for antibiotics. Luckily they decided not to do another IV, he just got at shot in each leg and he takes an oral dose for the next 10 days. We were really surprised they called us back because he was acting like he felt so much better. So, the poor kid had two viruses and a bacteria (I'm not sure exactly which one he had, they just told me the family of bacteria; it's in the family that causes bacterial pneumonia, strep, and staph). I sure hope my life gets boring again soon.

7 comments:

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Morgan said...

Poor guy! How many needle pokes in how many days? I really hope he's close to 100% by this weekend.

katielovie said...

Poor little guy I hope he's feeling better. I think some sort of virius is going around Lincoln That's what my doctor told me, i had a temp of 101.6 for like 3 days, and finally went to my doctor, and he said he saw 5 people in the same day for the same virius!

abi said...

oh my goodness, I just read about Ryan. Poor baby! I hope he is doing well now. That does not sound like fun for anyone! Hang in there.

The Stubbs said...

WOW! I hadn't read your blog for a couple of days and I am glad that things are going better for little ryan!

Heidi said...

I'm glad he's okay! I took several classes at Primary Children's & I was always very impressed with their staff. We'll have to double with you guys one of these weeks that I come to Utah.

Lacy said...

Is your life back to boring yet?

Joni Wiedrich said...

Scary! I'm glad he is feeling better. There's nothing worse than your baby being sick!